The webinar took the format of a group discussion and addressed the theme of technology within Facilities Management.
Cathy Hayward, founder of leading communications agency for the FM sector, Magenta Associates, and deputy chairman of the BIFM London region, chaired the webinar and the panel comprised of leading FM and technology industry experts including
The panel discussed a number of trends that are likely to impact Facilities Managers in 2014 and beyond, including:
- Mobile & Cloud Technology: As smart phones and tablets make a significant impact upon FM, how businesses can leverage trends such as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to produce results
- Consolidation of Property & FM Data: Recent studies have highlighted how FM data is valued by Property Directors. The panel will discuss how software delivers the boardroom-level information required to formulate strategic property and FM decisions
- Space Management: As the workplace continues to evolve at pace, the ways in which technology supports flexible working practices, such as hot desking and hotelling, to deliver occupational cost savings
- BIM (Building Information Modelling): A current buzzword, the panel will discuss the benefits that BIM can offer and consider how working practices need to shift in order to embrace BIM
The webinar concluded with a short Q&A session, during which attendees had the opportunity to put questions to the panellists.
* Mitie: The Future of Facilities Management http://www.mitie.com/documents/mitie-debates/the-future-of-facilities-management.pdf