Be part of the largest global gathering of FMs this June in London
FM professionals from across the globe descended upon ExCeL London, looking to identify new suppliers and source the latest innovative solutions to address project requirements. They had the opportunity to network in a variety of areas with like-minded peers as they discussed the industry’s hottest topics at the cutting edge of FM, not to mention keeping abreast of all legislation updates and regulation changes.
In association with the British Institute of Facilities Management and CBRE, Facilities Show 2018 continued to attract inspirational speakers, contractors and individuals. It champions the industry, changes perceptions, drives excellence and pioneers new-age leadership.
Enhance Your Knowledge in the Facilities Management Theatre
Designed explicitly for facilities management practitioners, 2018’s theatre saw each day split into three different themes: the workplace, technology and people. The programme included presentations and panel discussions on topics including workplaces of the future, security, delivering top class FM on a budget, leadership, office refurbs and relocations, technology disruption, diversity, skills and recruitment, getting recognition in the board-room and flexible working.
BIFM Smart Client Programme - Tools for Smart Procurement
Equipping attendees with the knowledge and tools to make smart procurement decisions enabling successful client-supplier partnerships, seminar sessions were followed by pre-booked 1:1 appointments with selected suppliers. The 90-minute session covered:
- How to select a contractor or supplier
- How to use strategic sourcing to improve quality, deliver efficiencies and reduce risk
- What do to when contracts go wrong
NEW - Occupational Health & Wellbeing Zone
In response to industry needs and essential learnings from key government reports, Facilities Show launched a new area dedicated to the Health & Wellbeing of the workforce. The focused theatre delivered thought provoking and tactical seminar sessions on how FMs benefit from enhanced productivity by putting employee health and wellbeing at the forefront of company culture.
Facilities Games Arcade
Back by popular demand, the Facilities Games Arcade sponsored by Flakt Group was an area of the show floor not to be missed, providing all FMs with the opportunity to grow their professional community in among like-minded peers.
Experience the UBM headquarters in 360-degrees
Stopping by Euroworkspace stand at Facilities Show this year allowed you experience the UBM offices for yourself with our immersive Google Cardboard VR experience. The free virtual reality app displays 360-degree photographic/video content. When used with a simple smartphone viewer, you’re be able to step into each room and space as if you were there.
1:2:1 Meetings Programme
The complimentary matchmaking tool enables visitors and exhibitors to search and connect with each other before the show, allowing for better schedule management.
- Arrange meetings at exhibitors’ stands or in one of the dedicated Meeting Lounges
- Search thousands of contacts by job title, products and services, buyer/seller activities and market sector
- Make the most of your time at the show and open the door to new business opportunities
Inspirational Speakers Programme 2018
We were proud to introduce another incredible line-up of aspirational speakers including comedian and mental health expert Ruby Wax OBE, Nicky Moffat CBE and Sir Clive Woodward OBE, who took to the stage to deliver fascinating, diverse talks on the need for positive professional environments, communications, conditions and challenges and sustaining and growing a healthy, happy, high-achieving workforce.
- Ruby combined expert psychological insight with trademark wit and humour, helping individuals and groups understand how to create an open, honest and successful culture.
- English rugby legend and management pioneer, Clive Woodward, took to the stage to discuss the key attributes needed to create a winning team on and off the pitch.
- With over 30 years’ experience in leadership roles within the British Army, Nicky gave us an educated perspective on strong leadership as well as tangible, tried and tested methodology.